The fate of the Black Caps tour of India should be known today and New Zealand Cricket remains confident it will continue.
Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) president Anurag Thakur said the board would make a decision by the end of this morning.
The tour still has one test and five one-dayers left.
A Supreme Court panel yesterday blocked the BCCI from making two payments to its state units after the board ignored some of the panel recommendations for reforming the world's richest cricket board.
At the time a BCCI spokesperson said the board had no option but to cancel the rest of the tour.
However RM Lodha, the head of the court-appointed panel, said the BCCI was otherwise free to use its funds for routine expenditure and said there was no reason to call off the series.
"There is no question of cancellation of any game or series," Lodha said.
"And banks have been directed to ensure the compliance of that, nothing beyond that. Routine expenses for matches, games, cricketing activities and other administrative matters, they are not at all restrained," he said.
"So far as our email and directions are concerned, it does not restrain BCCI from incurring routine expenditure and expenses on games, matches, series etc.
"I'm clarifying that BCCI should not have any doubt that they are free to deal with their bank accounts so far as game and routine matters are concerned. There is absolutely no restraint direction by us," he added.
New Zealand Cricket are yet to have any official contact from the Indian board and the Black Caps are preparing for the third test in Indore, which starts on Saturday, as planned.
-Reuters / RNZ