The promoters for Joseph Parker say they can neither confirm nor deny reports from US media that his world heavyweight title fight will be held in Auckland.
The New Zealand boxer is set to face Mexican-American Andy Ruiz for the WBO title on 10 December.
Parker's promoters Duco have been trying to secure the seven-figure sum required for the fight to happen in Auckland, but had withdrawn their bid for public money to help stage the event citing reaction from the public, media and politicians.
Parker's promoter Dean Lonergan, from Duco, said this morning: "I can neither confirm nor deny [the reports], it is still a work in progress."
Media reports say Ruiz's promoter, Bob Arum, let it slip in Las Vegas this morning.
He reportedly told media that the Auckland venue will be confirmed at a news conference to be held in Las Vagas on Saturday.
A Duco spokesperson said they would call a news conference when there was information, but there were no plans to hold one yet.
Parker himself retweeted a New Zealand Herald story that said the title fight had been confirmed for Auckland.