A strong 5.1-magnitude earthquake has struck the same area of northern Italy hit by two deadly quakes in the last two weeks.
Italy's Geophysics Institute said the latest shock on Sunday was centred on the town of Novi di Modena, in Emilia-Romagna.
Two previous earthquakes in the region killed more than 20 people and forced more than 14,000 to move out of their homes.
The shock was clearly felt as far away as Milan, about 200km to the north, Reuters reports.
Italian media said the belltower of Novi di Modena had been destroyed and several buildings in nearby towns that had been damaged in the previous quakes collapsed, but none were inhabited and no casualties had been reported.