A large bushfire on the Sunshine Coast of Queensland on Thursday morning, was started by a fireworks display at a Steiner school.
Noosa Pengari Steiner School principal Janet Molloy said the display for Year Seven students was conducted by a licensed contractor.
"As soon as the accident occurred all emergency services were contacted and the school's safety procedures successfully activated," she said in a statement.
AAP reports people living nearby in the township of Doonan, south of Noosa, had to be evacuated. No homes were damaged, but a disused caravan was destroyed.
The blaze was still burning on Thursday night.