Papua New Guinea police say a sixth suspect has been arrested over the machete murders of three men and the attack upon a New Zealand and Australian trekkers.
Officers with the aid of local villagers in Morobe province arrested the man on Sunday.
Five men were arrested in connection with the attack last week.
Provincial Police Commander Superintendent Leo Lamei said detectives were interrogating the suspects.
He said another three, including two brothers are still hiding in between the Salamaua coastlines and Wau jungles.