A rare form of food poisoning most likely caused the deaths of a Queensland woman and her daughter in Bali.
Noelene Bischoff, 54, and her daughter Yvana, 14, died last month after falling ill while on holiday.
The ABC reports forensic pathologists who conducted their autopsies in Brisbane have told the Bischoff family they do not suspect foul play.
Noelene's brother Malcolm says it is suspected several factors combined to promote the growth of a rare bacteria in the fish they ate at a restaurant.
"At this stage they think the cause of death is the fish... a bacteria called scombroid poisoning, which is a very unusual type of fish poisoning. It's not very well known," he said.
Mr Bischoff said they were told it is extremely rare for someone to die from this type of food poisoning.
Both mother and daughter had mild asthma, which could have also contributed to their deaths.
A funeral for Ms Bischoff and Yvana was held in the Lockyer Valley on 20 January.