Indonesia will advise Schapelle Corby against doing an anticipated TV interview, after determining it could end her parole.
Deputy Law and Human Rights Minister Denny Indrayana on Thursday night said he had discussed the issue with the minister.
They determined the interview would threaten Corby's parole and it "would be wise" for her not to do it.
Mr Indrayana said that the convicted Australian drug trafficker was not a special case.
She had met the conditions to be granted parole, and if she met the conditions to have it revoked, including that she creates unease among society, it would be, he said.
"I have communicated with the minister earlier regarding the would-be stories, interviews.
"We have agreed, and we have conveyed this to corrections board officers, that it would be better that those interviews were not conducted because the content might invite polemics and it's possible that it creates unease among society."
If the interview took place, Mr Indrayana said, it was possible that Corby's parole would be revoked.
"So, instead of creating problems, we're giving the view, advice, as I have conveyed to corrections board officers to convey this to Corby that it (the interview) shall not be conducted because she's still in parole status.
"With parole, there's regulation."
Since her release from Kerobokan jail on Monday, Corby, 36, has been in talks with the Seven Network about giving her first TV interview, with reports the exclusive rights could earn her $A2 million.
AAP reports a backlash in both Australia and Indonesia prompted her sister Mercedes Corby to release a statement to TV in both languages earlier on Thursday.
In it, she said: "The sums being reported are ridiculous".