Canadian police say they have arrested a man suspected of killing three police officers and wounding two others in Moncton in New Brunswick.
The Royal Canadian Mounted Police tweeted that Justin Bourque was arrested just after midnight on Thursday in Moncton.
News of the arrest came after a huge manhunt for the 24-year-old went into its second night.
Schools and government offices have been closed and residents told to stay indoors during the operation. Police said residents of Moncton could now leave their homes, the BBC reports.
Earlier, police said the suspect, who was wearing camouflage gear and carrying rifles, had been spotted several times in north Moncton.
Dozens of police officers were seen scouring the search area with weapons drawn. Armoured security trucks were also visible.
One of the wounded Royal Canadian Mounted Police has been released from hospital, and one remains in hospital in a stable condition.
It was the deadliest attack on the country's police force since four officers were killed by a gunman on a farm in the western Canadian province of Alberta in 2005.