A long-term ceasefire has been agreed between Israel and Palestinian militants in the Gaza Strip.
The truce, ending seven weeks of fighting which has left more than 2200 people dead, was brokered by Egypt and began at 7pm local time, the BBC reports.
Hamas deputy political leader Moussa Abu Marzouk said the deal represented a "victory for the resistance".
Israeli government officials said it would ease its blockade of Gaza to allow in aid and building materials.
Indirect talks on more contentious issues, including Israel's call for militant groups in Gaza to disarm, will begin in Cairo within a month.
The breakthrough came as both sides continued to trade fire.
A last-minute volley of mortar shells from Gaza killed an Israeli civilian and wounded six others in Eshkol Regional Council, medics told the BBC.
Earlier on Tuesday, at least six Palestinians were killed in a series of Israeli air strikes in Gaza, Palestinian officials said.
Palestinian officials said Egypt's ceasefire proposal called for an indefinite end to hostilities, the immediate opening of Gaza's crossings with Israel and Egypt, and an extension of the territory's Mediterranean fishing zone.
A month later, the officials added, Israel and the Palestinian factions would discuss the construction of a seaport and airport in Gaza and the freeing of about 100 prisoners released in exchange for Gilad Shalit in 2011 who were recently rearrested in the occupied West Bank.
Israel and Egypt were also said to be demanding guarantees that weapons would not be smuggled into Gaza.
The ceasefire announcement was greeted by celebratory gunfire on the streets of Gaza City.
Sirens warning of rockets reportedly continued to sound in southern Israel. An Israeli military spokeswoman said the army was checking whether any rockets had landed.