World markets reacted, protests began and Barack Obama pledged to work for a smooth transition of power after Donald Trump won the US presidential election. This is how the morning after the election unfolded.
- Financial markets in much of the world have rebounded after plunging
- Protests have begun in the US
- President Barack Obama has pledged to work for a smooth transition of power with the president-elect
- Hillary Clinton has given her concession speech: 'I hope that he will be a successful president for all Americans'
- US president-elect Donald Trump will have the first of his daily presidential briefings today, and tomorrow will meet incumbent Barack Obama to discuss the hand over of power.
- NZ Prime Minister John Key says the Trans Pacific Partnership Agreement is not going ahead "in the short-term".