Police in Spain say they have killed five people to stop what they say was a second attempted attack after a van was used to mow down people in Barcelona.
- A van ploughed into crowds in Las Ramblas, central Barcelona, on Thursday afternoon local time, killing 13 people and injuring more than 100 others
- A manhunt is under way for the driver of the vehicle, who fled on foot.
- Two people have been arrested but neither was the driver, police say
- Authorities are treating the incident as a terrorist attack and the Islamic State group has claimed responsibility
- Five people are dead and another seriously injured after a counter-terrorism operation in Cambrils
- One person is dead and another injured after a house explosion in Alcanar before the van attack