Brisbane Lord Mayor Campbell Newman says the response by emergency services to devastating storms in south-east Queensland on Sunday, has been "superhuman".
Energex says about 3,500 customers in the south-east of Queensland are still without power.
The ABC reports most are in north Brisbane. About 100 houses on the Gold Coast are also still out.
A recovery centre has opened in Ashgrove in north-west Brisbane, where residents can obtain food and water and find out about different support payments.
On Tuesday night, Councillor Newman said the response had taken a bit too long, but it was "an unparalleled scene of disaster".
He said there had been "a superhuman effort" by Energex, SES and council workers. He also said there would be "some very big efforts" by the Australian Defence Force over the coming days.
Earlier, the State Government opened a disaster relief fund to help people affected by storm damage in south-east Queensland, with a $A500,000 donation.