Pakistan's cricket authorities have mounted a legal challenge to the International Cricket Council's decision to strip the country of the right to host 2011 World Cup matches.
The ICC announced last month that they were moving the matches because of the "uncertain security situation" in Pakistan.
The matches have been redistributed among the other three host nations, India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.
Pakistan Cricket Board chairman Ejaz Butt said the decision was not sound on legal grounds, and the board would try to get a restraining order against the cricket council.
"If they say the security situation in Pakistan prompted this decision then the security situation in India and Sri Lanka is also not good," he said.
The board, in a statement, said there was no proper security assessment of Pakistan nor of the other co-hosts of the 2011 tournament.
The ICC decision came after gunmen attacked the Sri Lankan cricket team bus on March 3 in Lahore, wounding six players and their assistant coach. Six policemen and a van driver were killed.