1 Dec 2015
Question Time for 1 December 2015
- MARK MITCHELL to the Minister of Finance: What reports has he received showing a recent lift in business confidence supports an outlook for continuing moderate growth and a more diversified economy?
- ANDREW LITTLE to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by his statement that New Zealand "shouldn't be a leader in climate change", given that New Zealand was awarded the "Fossil of the Day award" following his speech on the first day of the Paris climate talks?
- Dr SHANE RETI to the Minister of Health: Can he confirm that as at September 2015 99.31 percent of patients waiting for elective surgery received their treatment within four months?
- GRANT ROBERTSON to the Minister of Finance: Does he agree with the Minister for Canterbury Earthquake Recovery that Treasury has an "arrogant bureaucratic attitude" to Christchurch and that the report he released yesterday is "utter tripe"; if not, why not?
- METIRIA TUREI to the Minister of Revenue: What has been the overall impact of tax deductions for petroleum and mining expenditures on the level of oil and gas exploration and prospecting in New Zealand since 2012/13, and how much revenue has the Government forgone as a result of these tax deductions in this period?
- SARAH DOWIE to the Minister of Education: What announcements has she made recently on trades academies?
- CHRIS HIPKINS to the Minister for Tertiary Education, Skills and Employment: Is he satisfied with the oversight he and his officials have of spending on tertiary education programmes?
- JAMI-LEE ROSS to the Minister for Building and Housing: Can he confirm that the number of building consents issued for homes in Auckland in October 2015 was 805 as compared with 205 in October 2008, and that the yearly total is the highest in 11 years?
- FLETCHER TABUTEAU to the Minister of Finance: Does he stand by all his statements?
- Hon DAMIEN O'CONNOR to the Minister for Food Safety: Is she satisfied by all the advice she has received from the Ministry of Primary Industries on food safety?
- DAVID BENNETT to the Minister of Customs: How will the Government's investment in new SmartGate border processing technology make travel easier for passengers this Christmas?
- MOJO MATHERS to the Minister for Primary Industries: What percentage of complaints made to the Ministry for Primary Industries about animal cruelty result in prosecutions?