18 Sep 2013
Question Time for 18 September 2013
- Dr RUSSEL NORMAN to the Minister for State Owned Enterprises: What is the forecast cost to the Crown of the Government's plan to allow buyers of Meridian Energy shares to pay for their shares in instalments and will the instalment scheme be open to overseas institutions?
- JOHN HAYES to the Minister of Finance: What recent reports has he received on the New Zealand economy and business growth?
- Hon DAVID PARKER to the Minister of Finance: Given that he disagrees with the advice of the Treasury on the Tiwai smelter, who advised it should not be subsidised by taxpayers because "it would result in a significant transfer of value from New Zealanders to Pacific Aluminium and Rio Tinto shareholders", does he then agree with the New Zealand Herald that the $30 million dollar taxpayer subsidy paid to the Rio Tinto-owned smelter is "an abject piece of short sighted thinking"; if not, why not?
- METIRIA TUREI to the Minister of Education: Did her statement that "Partnership Schools/Kura Hourua will play their part in meeting our target of five out of five students achieving success in education. They will be established in areas where kids are currently underserved by the existing education system" reflect any selection criteria for the first partnership schools; if not, why not?
- JONATHAN YOUNG to the Minister of Energy and Resources: What recent announcement has he made about Block Offer 2014?
- JACINDA ARDERN to the Minister for Social Development: Is she satisfied that all relevant government departments and agencies have the funding and resources required to implement her Children's Action Plan?
- MELISSA LEE to the Minister for Social Development: What announcements has she made that will get beneficiaries better deals on whiteware appliances, saving taxpayers money?
- Hon CLAYTON COSGROVE to the Minister responsible for the Earthquake Commission: Does he stand by his statement yesterday in relation to the Earthquake Commission's latest privacy breach "I guess when they're dealing with that level of correspondence, things can happen"?
- JULIE ANNE GENTER to the Minister of Transport: What is the cost of deferring the construction of the Auckland City Rail Link from 2015, the preferred start date of Auckland Council, to 2020, the Government's proposed start date?
- IAN McKELVIE to the Minister of Corrections: What recent announcements has she made to reduce re-offending in prison?
- Hon ANNETTE KING to the Minister of Health: Does he agree that every person can afford healthcare and disability support, regardless of their income, health status, or risk profile?
- MIKE SABIN to the Associate Minister of Transport: What progress has been made as part of the Safer Journeys road safety strategy?