5 Nov 2013
Question Time for 5 November 2013
- JOHN HAYES to the Minister of Finance: How is the Government's economic programme supporting New Zealand families, particularly those on low incomes and with dependent children?
- Hon DAVID CUNLIFFE to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by his statement that the insurance industry is "a highly efficient market"?
- KATRINA SHANKS to the Minister of Transport: How will the construction of Transmission Gully benefit the Wellington region?
- Hon DAVID PARKER to the Minister of Finance: Does he agree with IAG's submission to the Commerce Commission that "there is real potential for major banks to begin underwriting their own general insurance products, and to compete directly with the incumbent insurance companies at the underwriting level as they already do at a retail level of the insurance market"?
- METIRIA TUREI to the Minister for Economic Development: Did his office withhold information about the harm caused by the SkyCity convention centre deal because it was considered sensitive by SkyCity; if so, why?
- NICKY WAGNER to the Minister for Tertiary Education, Skills and Employment: What progress has been made in the rebuild of the University of Canterbury?
- Rt Hon WINSTON PETERS to the Prime Minister: Does he have confidence in the advice his Ministers receive from Government departments?
- MIKE SABIN to the Associate Minister of Justice: What has been the outcome of his review of the 2002 Youth Offending Strategy?
- JAN LOGIE to the Minister of Justice: Will she reconsider an alternative trial process for sexual abuse cases following Police statements that girls targeted by the Roast Busters group have not been "brave enough" to bring a complaint; if not, why not?
- JACINDA ARDERN to the Minister for Social Development: Does she stand by her statement on Q+A in relation to child poverty that "So why do an official measure that then by very definition still has, quite frankly, you know, it's, sort of, wherever you put the measure, you're always going to have people in poverty …"?
- ALFRED NGARO to the Minister of Housing: What progress has the Government made in growing the community housing sector?
- CLARE CURRAN to the Minister for Communications and Information Technology: Will the Government abide by the final Unbundled Bitstream Access Service Price Review determination issued by the Commerce Commission today?