Maomao Fillets, Mango & Banana Salad
- 4 maomao, snapper, tarakihi or kahawai fillets
- olive oil for frying
- mesclun and watercress leaves for a salad
- ½ mango, pawpaw or rock melon, sliced
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- juice of 1 lime or lime cordial
- 100 mls cream
- ¼ C fresh coriander
- 50 mls fish sauce
- ½ chilli, chopped
- 1 banana, chopped
Lightly season the fillets and panfry both sides in olive oil.
Remove from the pan and add all the sauce ingredients except the banana. Season to taste with a little salt and pepper and reduce.
Add the banana to the sauce and place the fish fillets back in the sauce to warm through.
Prepare the salad and garnish with the onion and mango. Place the fish on top and pour over the sauce.