Pollo Saporito - Tasty Roman Chicken
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 6 organic chicken supremes (about 200gm each)
- 2 red onions chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 C black olives
- 10 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1 small dried red chilli, finely chopped
- ¼ C capers
- 2 C white wine
- 2 tbsp sliced mint leaves
Preheat the oven to 200°C
Heat the oil over moderate heat, brown the chicken on both sides, remove from the pan and reserve.
Add the onions, garlic, olives, anchovies, chillis and capers and mix well. Fry gently until the onion is soft.
Turn up the heat, add the chicken and then the wine. Let it bubble then place the pan in the oven and cook for 30 minutes until the chicken is well cooked.
Remove from the oven, sprinkle with the mint and serve.