The head of the government-led investigation into the tunnel collapse that killed 28 workers at the Freeport McMoRan mine in Indonesia's Papua province says it should not take three months to complete.
The tunnel reopened operations on May 28, two weeks after the collapse in its training facility, but the death of a truck driver days later prompted the government to ask the company to halt operations until the investigation was completed.
Ridho Wattimena told Reuters he thinks the investigation will not take much longer.
Workers have alleged the collapse was a result of human error and that there were many complaints about the safety of the classrooms where the disaster happened.
Freeport insists its facilities are safe.
The company estimates it contributed around $1 billion US dollars to the Indonesian economy last year in taxes, royalties and dividends to the government, and the chief economics minister has called for a speedy end to the investigation.