One of the two men hospitalised after a chemical spill at a Whanganui tannery on Friday is now back in Whanganui.
The pair were flown to Wellington Hospital in a critical condition on Friday night following the spill at a Whanganui tanning factory, where they inhaled hydrogen sulphide fumes.
A further 19 people were also hospitalised but were later released.
The two men regained consciousness on Sunday.
A Wellington Hospital spokesperson says one of the men has now been transferred to Whanganui Hospital, in a stable condition.
The other man remains in a stable condition in Wellington Hospital's intensive care unit.
The Department of Labour is investigating the chemical spill.