An Australian high performance sports coach warns many sports will not survive the next 20 years unless they understand and adapt to fundamental global changes.
Wayne Goldsmith tells Kathryn Ryan that around the world huge changes are impacting on sport – including the revolution in communication and the demise of volunteerism.
He talks with Kathryn Ryan.
Wayne Goldsmith’s ‘Big Five’
- The demise of volunteerism
- The ‘more with less’ attitude of society
- The changing world of communication, connectivity and collaboration
- The revolution/s in coaching
- The changing demands on the sports marketplace from families and athletes