Corn, Potato and Almond Fritters
These are great served with chutney, with a salad or some roasted veges.
- 10 small potatoes cooked, cooled and grated (leftovers are ideal)
- 1-2 corn cobs blanced and removed from the cob (or a small can well drained)
- 3 tbl raisins
- 3 tbl chopped roasted almonds
- 1/5 tsp guar gum
- toasted spices to your taste - I add, cumin and corsiander seeds, salt and black pepper, or if your in a hurry dukkah works a treat!
- fresh herbs again to your taste.
- ground almond and corn flour in equal ratio - quantity will vary depending upon the potatoes used
Dry the corn well, if its to wet it will cause the fritter to explode, remember there's no egg to assist with binding.
Add all ingredients in together add enough corn flour and ground almond to create a play dough texture.
Shape into tight, round patties, then pan fry in oil- i use sunflower oil. Make sure you do a taster and adjust seasoning accordingly.