Dinner Rush Sausage and Peppers with Pasta
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 1 each red, yellow and green capsicums, cored and sliced into 6 lengthways
- 6 pure pork sausages, sliced 2 cm thick
- 400g can Italian tomatoes in juice, mashed
- a big handful baby spinach leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 400g dried Italian short pasta such as penne, boiled in plenty of well salted water until al dente, drained, ready when needed
- freshly grated Italian parmesan to serve
Heat the oil in a large frying pan over moderate heat.
Add the garlic, onions, capsicum, sausages and season with salt and pepper.
Panfry until the onions are soft and the sausage and the capsicums are browned, still crisp and not collapsing.
Add the tomatoes and spinach, season, mix well and simmer until the spinach is well wilted.
Add the pasta, mix well and serve with plenty of parmesan sprinkled on top.
John Hawkesby’s wine suggestion
- Stone Paddock 2006
- Villa Maria Reserve 2005
- Kennedy Point Reserve 2005
- Trapiche Oak Cask 2005