Salad with Fresh Mint & Citrus Dressing
This page is from our recipe collection.
- 2L ice-cream container of salad leaves of choice: lettuce, rocket, spinach, etc, washed and gently dried
- 1 C firmly packed with old-fashioned ordinary garden mint leaves with midribs removed
- other favoured salad ingredients such as avocado, cucumber, slivers of capsicum, spring onions, but not too
- many extras (not tomatoes though, as they are tasteless at this time of year
- 1 tsp made-up mustard
- 1 tsp apricot chutney
- 1 fat clove garlic, crushed
- ½ C orange, mandarin or tangelo juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/3 C safflower or sunflower oil
Dressing: Blend all the ingredients together and store in the fridge in a covered container.
Rip or slice mint leaves just before serving and mix with other salad ingredients.
Moments before serving, mix through a couple of tablespoons of dressing. Be sparing. Have extra dressing on the table if needed - there will be lots left over.