A Provençale salad cooked and raw vegetables, tuna fish and anchovies in the Mediterranean manner.
- 4 tomatoes, seeded and quartered
- ½ Spanish onion finely sliced
- about 10 blanched green beans and/or 1 green pepper, sliced
- crisp lettuce leaves
- 4 stalks of celery, sliced
- 1 425 g can Tuna fish in brine
- 8 fillets of Anchovy
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 8 black olives, stoned
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar or lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- about 12 leaves of fresh basil coarsely chopped
Combine prepared vegetables in a salad bowl, arranging on top the tuna fish, anchovies and quartered eggs. Dot with the olives.
Mix the salad dressing of wine vinegar, olive oil, seasoning and basil, and sprinkle over the salad.
Suggested Wines to Go With Today's Recipe
Shipwreck Bay (Okahu Vineyard)
Any Rose that fits your budget.
Clearview Te Awanga