13 Jun 2012
Question Time for 13 June 2012
- TE URUROA FLAVELL to the Minister of Internal Affairs: Is he concerned that Pub Charity Chief Executive Martin Cheer has publicly declared that Pub Charity was using gaming machine money to fight the Gambling (Gambling Harm Reduction) Amendment Bill, and what actions has the Department of Internal Affairs taken to enforce its direction that net proceeds were not to be used for lobbying?
- DAVID SHEARER to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by his statement that “superannuation is an issue, but one thing that is worth noting is that increasing the age of eligibility has much less of an impact than commentators might imagine”?
- Hon Dr NICK SMITH to the Minister of Finance: What reports has he received on the stability of New Zealand’s financial system?
- Hon DAVID PARKER to the Minister of Finance: Will total superannuation spending be higher than total education spending in the month of June 2016 using the same assumptions as in his latest Budget projections?
- ALFRED NGARO to the Minister for Social Development: What reports has she received that show the Government’s work-focused approach to the benefit system is working?
- Dr RUSSEL NORMAN to the Minister for Economic Development: Does he agree with the business group Pure Advantage that “countries that reduce the carbon dependency of their economies most quickly and develop carbon friendly technologies will be the most prosperous in the 21st century”?
- KANWALJIT SINGH BAKSHI to the Minister of Energy and Resources: What recent announcement has he made about mineral prospectivity in Northland?
- Hon NANAIA MAHUTA to the Minister of Education: Does her plan to improve teacher quality include reinstating the $45 million cut from teacher professional development in Budget 2009; if not, why not?
- SCOTT SIMPSON to the Minister of Transport: What progress has the Government made on the Vehicle Licensing Reform project?
- ANDREW LITTLE to the Minister for ACC: What responsibility does she take for failures at ACC since the 2011 Election?
- Le'aufa'amulia ASENATI LOLE-TAYLOR to the Minister of Corrections: Is she confident that Serco will meet the contracted performance requirements at the new prison in Wiri, despite the fact that Serco has been failing performance targets at Mount Eden Corrections Facility by 40 percent?
- Dr CAM CALDER to the Minister of Corrections: What steps is the Government taking to improve the safety of staff in prisons?