- Bennett wins Waitakere in final count
- Minister for Social Development Paula Bennett has retained her seat of Waitakere.
- State assets top of sworn-in Government's agenda
- Prime Minister John Key says one of the first matters the new National-led Government will consider is the partial sale of state assets.
- Maori Party co-leaders reappointed
- The Maori Party has re-appointed Pita Sharples and Tariana Turia as its co-leaders.
- Wagner still the winner in Christchurch Central
- Christchurch Central National Party candidate Nicky Wagner has been confirmed as the winner of the seat following a judicial recount of votes. Her majority is increased by two, to 47.
- Labour elects Shearer as new leader
- David Shearer says his election as Labour leader is a fresh start for the party and that he has a mandate for change.
Seats in Parliament
Morning Report Election Special
8.10am Sunday 27 November
Listen again to the Morning Report election special hosted by Mary Wilson and Geoff Robinson. They speak with the winners and losers, analyse the results, and examine the implications for the incoming government.
What exactly are MMP, STV, FPP, PV and SM?